1000 Words....The Worth of a Picture

We've all heard a picture is worth a thousand words. Sometimes you just need one word.

Sometimes two different people can look at a picture and each has a different word come to mind.

Sometimes, a word can cover more than one picture.

This is a mash up of words and pictures that are the essence of each other. Consider it a word/picture re-mix.















Monday, April 18, 2011

LISTEN

You can tell what is going on in this house at any given time by exactly how much noise you hear.

You can tell by the type of noise, you can tell by the volume.

Sometimes there are two little voices, screeching in harmony, at whatever game they are playing together.

Sometimes, there is the carefree loud rambling song of a two year old joining in with the television.

Sometimes, it's a teething nine month old, desperate for relief.

And at the best moments, it's a raucous crazy symphony of things banging and crashing and music being made.


The first time my house was ever this noisy, I thought I might very well lose my mind.  But then I stopped to listen.  When you give something your full attention, it becomes less "noise" and more beautiful.  I probably couldn't always carry on a conversation during one of these sporadic jam sessions, however, I sometimes find myself singing along.
Of course, there are times when I need a moment alone with my ears.  I need to quiet my mind. 
But I'm starting to notice that when I'm somewhere that is very quiet, it seems sort of, well, empty.
There is life in this noise, and I'm so blessed to claim it as my very own song.
I'm finding that this noise brings so much with it!  Noise seems to be the language of love for these children of mine.  Nothing is more beautiful a song to me than their laughter, no sadder than their cry.
What makes it all even better is that they don't expect me to know what song they are playing, or what word they just said, or even to enjoy their rock star status.  They only expect me to listen, and I'll gladly give them that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does this word mean to you?