1000 Words....The Worth of a Picture

We've all heard a picture is worth a thousand words. Sometimes you just need one word.

Sometimes two different people can look at a picture and each has a different word come to mind.

Sometimes, a word can cover more than one picture.

This is a mash up of words and pictures that are the essence of each other. Consider it a word/picture re-mix.















Saturday, April 9, 2011

SPRINKLE

Let me start by saying that there is nothing on this planet that I hate more than onions.  Literally...nothing.  (Yes, I realize my picture is a cupcake.  There is a method to my madness.)
When we eat out, I can't even eat my food if an onion has been accidentally put on or near my plate.  The after taste is so vile I can't describe it.  I find them slimy, with a disturbing texture, and they smell horrid.
If my life is a cupcake, the last thing I would top it off with is an onion.
Probably the most common thing people top their cupcakes with is frosting.
I would equate this to things like a spouse/partner, a family of assorted children or pets or even plants, as long as it is something you can love and nourish, and then basic things like a home, and a job or hobby.  This is why frosting comes in all flavors and varieties, because not everyone needs the same type of frosting for their cupcake, because, just like no two lives are identical, the same can be said for favorite cupcake/frosting combinations.
And then, there are the sprinkles.
Do you know how many different types of sprinkles there are?  You can get them in all shapes, sizes, colors, and even in assorted themes according to cartoons or sports or pretty much whatever you need.
The sprinkles are the thing that isn't really necessary to have a good cupcake, but they take it up a notch, even if only adding a touch of extremely awesome cuteness and personality.
When I think about the sprinkles on my "life" cupcake, I think about people.  I think about my friend Sarah (amongst MANY others) or my little cousin Paige.  They are people who add that extreme cuteness and personality that make life more appealing.  I like stuff that makes other stuff better....so, if sprinkles kick the cupcake up a notch, these people do the same thing for life.
Now back to the onions.  Those would be the people who just ruin the cupcake.  These people who leave a bad taste in your mouth and maybe even give you an upset stomach.  They don't make anything better...and they maybe even make it worse.
Now I'm not saying we always have a choice in who we have in our lives.  Some people, like family or co-workers are not selected by us.  But if they are onions, we still don't have to put them on the top of our cupcake.  We can pass them by choosing not to partake in their foul aroma and grimy-ness, hoping eventually they will turn into sprinkles.
And, if they are sprinkles, then go to town!  Put them everywhere you can!  After all, whether your cupcake is chocolate with chocolate frosting or yellow cake with white frosting, I don't know of anyone who doesn't like sprinkles on their cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does this word mean to you?