1000 Words....The Worth of a Picture

We've all heard a picture is worth a thousand words. Sometimes you just need one word.

Sometimes two different people can look at a picture and each has a different word come to mind.

Sometimes, a word can cover more than one picture.

This is a mash up of words and pictures that are the essence of each other. Consider it a word/picture re-mix.















Monday, April 11, 2011

RELIANT

I can hardly make it through my day without coffee.  I just don't even like to try.  I mean it makes me moody and sluggish to give it up.  I'm not even sure if it is simply the caffeine that affects me or if it is more out of habit.  I sure do depend on that cup every morning to start my day off right.
So, this begs the question: Who the Hell do I think I am to take Hanson's pacifier away?
It has the same effect on him.  Hmmmm.  I can't exactly replace the pacifier with coffee.  And the bottle might help once in a while for now...but he's only got a couple more months left to enjoy that.
And yet, both of this pacifiers sit on my counter, unused since Sunday morning.
I really expected more of a fight from this kid.  We kept him busy all day, and he was so worn out he fell asleep in the car at nap time so he didn't notice not having it.  Then he did fuss a little in the evening, but a little extra attention was all he needed, and when I laid him in his crib I handed him a frog that has chimes inside and turned off the light and closed the door after kissing him.  Not a peep until six o'clock this morning.
Yet, if my Folger's container is running dangerously low I'm in panic mode....plotting out a trip to Harding's at the next available opportunity and even fantasizing about the creamer possibilities in the dairy section.
To say I'm reliant on it would be the understatement of my adult life.
To give it up would be torture.
And yet I expect my nine month old son to accomplish this very same thing: to become no longer reliant on something. 
I'm not really sure what the point would be for me to totally stop drinking coffee.  I really don't have anything to prove to anyone...I'm freely admitting it's an obsession of mine.  I once declared via Facebook status that my blood type is Starbucks.
But, it might not be a bad thing, if like Hanson, I didn't rely on it throughout the day. 
There really is no reason I can't try. 
He's been without his object of obsession for a little over twenty-four hours now, and he's just fine.
I'm thinking I could be too.
I mean, there is no reason I can't make it at least twenty-five hours until my next cup of coffee.
And until then, I better find something else to keep me from screaming my head off prompting my husband to grab one of those pacifiers and shove it in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does this word mean to you?