1000 Words....The Worth of a Picture

We've all heard a picture is worth a thousand words. Sometimes you just need one word.

Sometimes two different people can look at a picture and each has a different word come to mind.

Sometimes, a word can cover more than one picture.

This is a mash up of words and pictures that are the essence of each other. Consider it a word/picture re-mix.















Wednesday, April 13, 2011

ANGLE

When nobody around you seems to measure up, it's time to check your yardstick. ~Bill Lemley

I don't expect you to know what this is.  I probably wouldn't.  But that's kind of my point today.  We don't always see exactly what someone else is looking at, because we all see things from a different angle. 
I could probably leave that and it would be sufficient to sum up how I feel about the word angle. 
But that's just simply stating the obvious, isn't it?
It sure is easy to say how ugly/stupid/pointless something is when you're looking down on it.
What a shitty angle to have!
If you go through life looking down on everything, always judging what you don't see based on what you think you "know", of course you are only going to see what you are looking for: something you can tear down.
I prefer to seek out the good, and if something bad happens to get in the way, then I change my angle until it is good again.  Maybe that makes me naive or overly cheery and optimistic, but in my opinion that sure does beat cynicism and negativity.
I don't need to look down on someone to make myself feel tall.
(I am only 5'2", but I can climb.  That's why God gave me arms, legs, and ladders.)
Even my two year old can cast a pretty big shadow when he is looking at the sun.
If all you see in life is everything bad about everyone, then you probably need a protractor because you need a new angle.
Get some perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does this word mean to you?