1000 Words....The Worth of a Picture

We've all heard a picture is worth a thousand words. Sometimes you just need one word.

Sometimes two different people can look at a picture and each has a different word come to mind.

Sometimes, a word can cover more than one picture.

This is a mash up of words and pictures that are the essence of each other. Consider it a word/picture re-mix.















Monday, May 2, 2011

CRAP

Some people do not like the word crap.  They don't even let their kids say it. 

I overuse it.

And then one of my friends went to reply to a Facebook post and his auto correct changed "crap" to "carp".

So now, when I'm with my kids at least, I try to say, "Oh carp."

However, there are days when "OH CRAP!" is necessary.

Or, you find the leavings of a bird on the hood of your Chevy Malibu parked in your front yard and the only word that comes to mind is crap.



Crap can also be used to refer to the nonsensical ramblings of someone who doesn't usually have the facts...."That's a load of crap."

My recent "OH CRAP" moments:

Leaving my debit card in the ATM.
Spelling a client's name wrong on her pictures.
Forgetting to call someone important back.
Realizing I didn't put extra undies in Landon's backpack.
Almost needing extra undies myself when I drank too much water before work.  (Preggo bladders just don't work at 100%!)

I like to look on the bright side you could say...so I have discovered at least one good thing about crap.

It can be washed off with a good enough hose and some soap.

So the next time I hear myself saying, "Oh CRAP!" or "Ohhhh CARP!" I'll just get to cleaning up the mess, whether it was caused by a bird or dog or small human.  For the most part though, I think we each contribute to our own crap.  At least I do.  I mean, after all, if I hadn't parked near that tree, there wouldn't have been crap on my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does this word mean to you?