1000 Words....The Worth of a Picture

We've all heard a picture is worth a thousand words. Sometimes you just need one word.

Sometimes two different people can look at a picture and each has a different word come to mind.

Sometimes, a word can cover more than one picture.

This is a mash up of words and pictures that are the essence of each other. Consider it a word/picture re-mix.















Thursday, May 19, 2011

WEED

If you feed it, it will grow.

Lately, there has been a lot of talk around here about undesired things.
Random objects we don't use anymore, bad habits, and negative people.

The thing is, they don't just go away.  You have to throw them out, stop doing them, or delete them from your Facebook/life.



If you wake up having a bad day, and you feed into that energy, it will undoubtedly turn into a day of horrors as large as the man I saw eating two Whoppers and some other unknown sandwich last week in the Burger King play place.

However, if you weed out the bad, it simply can't keep living.  Unless it replants itself in some other yard (life) and takes up roots there.  But you regain control of your own garden.


You can plant what you like.  You can reap what you sow.  You can water and care and facilitate as masterfully as Martha friggin' Stewart.  But I'm guessing a weed or two will still find a way to sneak in.  And they will stay there, unless you forcibly remove them.


And if you don't, and you keep feeding and watering and facilitating your plants, those weeds will grow too, right along with their neighbors.


It's not always easy to figure out the difference between a weed and a flower/tomato plant/former friend.


Sometimes, you just have to go with your gut and ask what purpose is served by this piece of vegetation/person.


I can personally think of one particular person who really was serving me no purpose.  She wasn't even being nice.  I don't know if she thought she was funny or if she really just thinks she is that much better than everyone else, but I deleted her a while back.  I don't say hi when I see her, I don't ask mutual friends how she is doing, I simply weeded her out.  My instinct was confirmed when just a couple weeks ago one of our mutual friends was really hurt by something this woman did....and I can only be thankful I didn't stress over removing her from my life.  People like this really aren't worth it.  


What's sad about this isn't that I lost a friend.  Because when I really think about it...she never was a friend to me.  I was a friend to her.  And now I'm not.  So the sad part is that SHE lost a friend...and not to toot my own horn, but a good friend.  If she continues with her nastiness, I believe she might find herself very alone very soon.  The problem with being a weed all the time is that no one has room for you next to their flowers.


You sort of wind up alone, in the midst of a bunch of other weeds.


My point is, don't sit around letting life/crabgrass/people get you down.  If they aren't improving the garden, weed them out and move on, and enjoy the fruits of your labor.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does this word mean to you?