1000 Words....The Worth of a Picture

We've all heard a picture is worth a thousand words. Sometimes you just need one word.

Sometimes two different people can look at a picture and each has a different word come to mind.

Sometimes, a word can cover more than one picture.

This is a mash up of words and pictures that are the essence of each other. Consider it a word/picture re-mix.















Wednesday, May 11, 2011

SUNDAY

Sundays are my day to just be.  No matter what I have going on, I find that I am most at my normal, relaxed, uncomplicated self on Sundays.  There is something about a Sunday that just makes me feel comfortable.

It does not matter if the sun is shining.

It does not matter if where I am or who I am with.

The clothes I have on and the state of my hair and make up have no impact.

I simply feel like me, no matter what is going on or who is around.

One of my favorite quotes is, "To thine own self be true," which is from Hamlet.

In other words, be who and what you are.

I find this easiest to do on Sundays.  Maybe it's because I spend the rest of the week being what everyone else needs me to be or wants me to be.  It could be that I have so many roles to play that finding "me" and being that person gets harder and harder. 

But Sundays always seem to bring me back to my t-shirt and jeans, barefoot, ponytail, chap stick, laying on the couch reading a book and eating a bowl of cereal self.  I don't remember choosing to be this way, but as Elizabeth Lyons says, "Bloom where you are planted."





Just be what you are.  Even if you have to wait until Sunday to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does this word mean to you?