1000 Words....The Worth of a Picture

We've all heard a picture is worth a thousand words. Sometimes you just need one word.

Sometimes two different people can look at a picture and each has a different word come to mind.

Sometimes, a word can cover more than one picture.

This is a mash up of words and pictures that are the essence of each other. Consider it a word/picture re-mix.















Monday, May 16, 2011

CRUNCH


So you might have noticed I've been a bit, well, absent lately. 

At some point in the last week I developed a life.  Which isn't to say that I didn't participate in life before that.  I guess what I mean is that when it rains, it pours.  Things I needed to do just started climbing out of the woodwork and I found myself lacking the normal amount of allotted "blogercize" each day.  So I'm skipping the past week and, fully inspired, starting fresh today.

I realized over the past week that any need or want I have for something actually exists only in my head. 

I need a million dollars. 

While this would make life a little easier, perhaps, I seem to have managed a rock star lifestyle and plenty of good times for the past 27 years without actually possessing a million dollars.

I need at least 28 hours a day, and Saturdays need 34.

Picasso, Mozart, Oprah, and Anne Hathaway have all accomplished a great deal on the carefully rationed 24 hours that each human being gets in a day, so I should be able to also live my dreams and have time to make dinner and have a fresh coat of polish applied to my toes each week.

I need a nap.

My two year old can resist naps at all cost and still manage to reserve enough energy to tame a wild horse.

I want some damn chocolate.

It will only increase the size of my ass, which I do not want or need.  Major dilemma. 

Are you following me?  There are literally hundreds of things in this life that we claim to need or want that we really don't if we just think about it.

We just need to make better choices with the time, money, sleep, or calorie allowance we do have.

I can't say that a time crunch didn't contribute to my non-blogging week, but it isn't really any one's fault but my own.  I spent too much time crossing things off of a list of to-dos that were really written for me by other people...and I have to stop doing that to myself.  Shouldn't my own list come first, and that way when a crunch occurs, it's not what I want that gets crunched out?

Sure, other people are important, but when we're talking about needs and wants, our own should be a priority too.

If you started reading this thinking, I really need more money, or time, or coffee, then what I am saying is that you really don't if you're living life right.

Have you heard that little comparison about how life is like a box?  And there is only so much room in the box, and it's up to you to decide what you have room for in your box? 

The same thing goes for each day. 
The same thing goes for your wallet. 
The same thing goes for your stomach. 
The same thing goes for your to-do list. 

Figure out what you must have in your box, and then forget about what there isn't room for.

That way you won't crunch anything when trying to close the lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does this word mean to you?