1000 Words....The Worth of a Picture

We've all heard a picture is worth a thousand words. Sometimes you just need one word.

Sometimes two different people can look at a picture and each has a different word come to mind.

Sometimes, a word can cover more than one picture.

This is a mash up of words and pictures that are the essence of each other. Consider it a word/picture re-mix.















Wednesday, March 16, 2011

ABSENT

Few things in life are as unique and wonderful as red Starburst jelly beans.  They are only in stores once a year, but this only adds to their wonderfulness.  They look just as appealing as they smell and taste.
I bought a bag yesterday, and someone in this house (ahem.) ate most of them.  Luckily for me I can run up to Harding's and buy another bag.
But what about the rest of the year?  I have to find other things in life that have that wonderfulness.
I look for it everywhere, because it is so evasive.
I've found it in the very first snow every year.
I've seen it falling from the trees in the middle of October.
It's sitting outside my house on a branch in Mrs. Rosa's tree chirping at me.
Wonderfulness of nature.
I've experienced it in a take out container from Galati's in the form of deep fried ravioli.  (Get some TONIGHT. Worth every calorie.)
I've downed it in the form of a cheap cup of coffee from the vending machine at work.
I see it on my son's cheeks when he has eaten all but the crusts of a peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwich.
Wonderfulness of food.
It hits me in the face when I walk into an ice arena and my nose gets cold.
I see it every morning when I get my baby out of his crib.
I feel it while I'm watching tv and my husband rubs my feet.
Wonderfulness of life.
I can't imagine life without all of these things.  I wouldn't want to live in a world where they are absent. 
It's funny in a way....when something is absent, I notice it's presence more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does this word mean to you?