1000 Words....The Worth of a Picture

We've all heard a picture is worth a thousand words. Sometimes you just need one word.

Sometimes two different people can look at a picture and each has a different word come to mind.

Sometimes, a word can cover more than one picture.

This is a mash up of words and pictures that are the essence of each other. Consider it a word/picture re-mix.















Monday, March 14, 2011

MESSY

Every Friday evening, I make a mental list of all the things I'm going to do on Saturday and Sunday.  Things like dust my furniture, shampoo my carpet, clean out my closet.
And then somehow this cyclone of a weekend ensues, and when Monday arrives, I've not only managed to ignore that list but I've also created new things to add to next weekend's list. 
There are sight word flash cards, banana nut Cheerios, and broken crayons littering my dining room floor.  My love seat AND recliner have mountains of towels that need folding. 
An incomplete set of die cast cars from the movie, "Cars" is sticking out of my couch cushions where Landon is napping right now, and I am pretty sure that the thing I stepped on in the hallway earlier was a toy triceratops.  It sure as hell hurt like one. 
My house is in a state of messy chaos.
I should probably be cleaning right now instead of blogging.  In fact, if you ask my husband he'd probably say he needs me to do a load of laundry for him.  Sorry babe.
But to me, a mess isn't forever.  Sure, it's pretty scary in here today, but after a good day or two of work, when I get around to it, it will be back to an acceptable environment.  And I'm sure it will get messy again, sooner than later.  It will pretty much be and on and off thing until these two boys of mine are married.  Because to me having monster trucks under my coffee table and a half eaten apple on top of it is just a moment of this wonderful stage of life I'm at.  I love my kids and I like feeling their presence.  Call me crazy but I can honestly say that when they move out I'm going to miss finding army men in my shoes.

This sort of applies to life as well.  I mean, if you get yourself into a messy situation, you can always clean it up.  And cleaning it doesn't mean it won't happen again.  I don't care how big of a mess you create for yourself.  It's never impossible.  Sometimes you just have to know where to start.
Being messy doesn't last any more in life than it does in my house....only until you get around to dealing with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does this word mean to you?