1000 Words....The Worth of a Picture

We've all heard a picture is worth a thousand words. Sometimes you just need one word.

Sometimes two different people can look at a picture and each has a different word come to mind.

Sometimes, a word can cover more than one picture.

This is a mash up of words and pictures that are the essence of each other. Consider it a word/picture re-mix.















Tuesday, March 22, 2011

PLAY

Some people just never learn to play nice.
My husband plays on a men's hockey league every Friday night, and a couple of weeks ago we were invited to go out for dinner afterwords to celebrate one of his teammate's birthdays.
Apparently there was another player, also with a birthday dinner, that we were unaware of, and second grade hilarity ensued.
One of the nicest girls I know (a fellow hockey wife) was asked by someone attending the other dinner where we were going.  She informed them we were going to Hooters, and they responded with, "adults still go there?"  Who would have thought that there would be more hits off the ice?
Incidentally...they were headed to Red Robin, where they give out balloons.  Just sayin'.
I firmly believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but at what point does an "opinion" become an insult?
Simply by attending a dinner at a restaurant she did not choose, my friend (as well as the rest of us going) had been labeled as immature. 
I find it most ironic that someone so mature would need to make a comment such as this.  Of course, there's a history in all of this that is just too long and complex to get into, but that's the past.  It shouldn't affect this or any other future occasion. 
When I was little, I was informed of the rules when I wanted to play with other kids.  These were rules my parents gave ME, despite what other kids did.
1. Stay where I can see you.
2. Respect other people's things.
3. Treat others as you want to be treated.
TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WANT TO BE TREATED. 
So simple, and yet someone who thinks themselves to be so adult can't even follow the most basic rule of play, work, and basic social interaction.
If life is a playground, the person who made this comment is the insecure bully.
If life is a game, this person should have received a penalty.
If being an adult means you get to talk down to your friends, I think I want to go back to playing where my parents can see me.  Even my two year old grasps the concept that if you want people to be nice to you, you have to be nice yourself.
For the record, those of us that are still immature have definitely had the last laugh...and continue to laugh about it. 
Last Friday, after the game, we took our kids to Red Robin, after all, if growing up means you have no fun, I am perfectly fine with not being an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does this word mean to you?