1000 Words....The Worth of a Picture

We've all heard a picture is worth a thousand words. Sometimes you just need one word.

Sometimes two different people can look at a picture and each has a different word come to mind.

Sometimes, a word can cover more than one picture.

This is a mash up of words and pictures that are the essence of each other. Consider it a word/picture re-mix.















Sunday, March 6, 2011

FLASH

Every once in a while, we all have a flash of genius.
And, every once in a while, we all have a flash of oops.
Whichever it may be, a flash is just that: a very brief moment.
Sometimes in life it's especially hard for me to remember what's important.  When I was growing up, nobody in my family had much extra money.  This includes extended family.  Sure, we all got by and did ok, but nobody was driving around in a Cadillac or wearing Chanel.
It's funny because when I think about my childhood, it's not what I didn't have that comes to mind.
It's running barefoot through the backyard with my brother and cousins in the dead of summer at dusk catching fireflies.
It's my uncles helping my dad work on a vehicle that "doesn't look good, but gets from point A to point B just fine."
It's the fact that my family tree is so big, I couldn't possibly be out on a limb by myself without being able to get back.
It makes me wonder about people that do have expensive cars and designer clothes.  I wonder if it gets exhausting trying to figure out whether or not people like you because of who you are, or the things you have.
When you don't have much, you don't have that concern. 
Some things in life are just glitter and shine. 
Some people in life, sadly, are just Porshe and Prada.  You might call them "flashy".  What will happen to them when the moment is over?  I'm not judging those that are financially able to enjoy the finer things in life.  I'm sure some of them are very good people.  It's the ones that don't know who they are without their glitter that I'm referring to.
Life may certainly be considered "easier" for those who have more, but I'd wager it's also lonelier.
We are all only here for a little while....just a flash.  It's not what you have while you're here that matters. 
Love is the one thing that money can't buy, and while I might not be rich monetarily, I'm certainly blessed in the very best way.
There is a very deliberate reason why this picture is in black and white.  If you take away the flash, what you see drastically changes.  It's the same thing with each of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does this word mean to you?