1000 Words....The Worth of a Picture

We've all heard a picture is worth a thousand words. Sometimes you just need one word.

Sometimes two different people can look at a picture and each has a different word come to mind.

Sometimes, a word can cover more than one picture.

This is a mash up of words and pictures that are the essence of each other. Consider it a word/picture re-mix.















Wednesday, March 16, 2011

DIFFERENT

Same stuff, different day.  Two peas in a pod.  Can't tell one from the other.

I feel like I say these things all the time, to compare people, their relationships, and the way they interact together.
They are all probably fairly accurate, for the most part.  I get stuck in these descriptions though, and sometimes I need to remind myself that no matter what someone did or said yesterday, today can still be different.  People change.  It happens all the time. 
We get so caught up in what we know about people based on past experiences with them that we forget to consider what we don't know.
So I am going to challenge myself to this: When I find myself in a situation I've been in before with people I've been with before, I'm not going to assume I know the outcome. 
I'm going to remember that each moment is new, and therefore an opportunity for change, progression, and growth. 
This includes my own actions.
It's good to know that everyone can be different if they want to be, but that doesn't mean that they are changed.  They can stay themselves, but improve.  Because who doesn't want to try a little harder to be a little better?  I know I do.
And, while most of my days are the same, full of routine, similar actions, people, and things, that doesn't mean they can't be different just by changing my attitude. 

1 comment:

What does this word mean to you?