1000 Words....The Worth of a Picture

We've all heard a picture is worth a thousand words. Sometimes you just need one word.

Sometimes two different people can look at a picture and each has a different word come to mind.

Sometimes, a word can cover more than one picture.

This is a mash up of words and pictures that are the essence of each other. Consider it a word/picture re-mix.















Friday, March 4, 2011

CLUTCH

We woke up this morning to news that a star athlete named Wes Leonard from a neighboring town died moments after sinking a shot during overtime in a basketball game that left his team with a perfect record for the season.  I don't know this kid; in fact, I've never even heard his name before this morning.  What I have read in news reports is that he was a gifted athlete.  Besides being a leader on the basketball court, he was also quarterback of their football team. 
When someone is dependable in crucial situations, we often refer to them as "clutch".  That's exactly how we can describe Wes Leonard's last minutes on Earth. 
I have also learned through comments of people who actually knew him that he excelled as a student and more importantly, it appears as though he was a geniunely nice person.  Obviously he will be missed.  I'd even feel confident in saying this community has now been left with a void.  How does his family go on?  How do his teammates continue, considering they have surely made the playoffs?
Clutch can also mean "to hold tightly".  The community of Fennville will get through this.  After all, life goes on.  But by holding on tight to each other, they will heal.
Life is so precious.  You don't get another chance.  When I hear of tragedies like what happened to Wes Leonard, I can't help but think of my own two little men. 
No doubt, Wes Leonard's mother has a memory like this:


My heart aches for her especially.  I hope she will clutch those memories, and I hope and pray they are a great comfort to her.  Nothing is as unimaginable to me as the loss of a child, and I'm sure I have no idea of the storm going on in her heart right now.  I hope there are people in her life right now that are "clutch"-that she can depend on them and that they will come through for her. 
It's amazing, I don't even know this woman or what she looks like, but I wish I could hug her, and I'd hold on tight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does this word mean to you?