1000 Words....The Worth of a Picture

We've all heard a picture is worth a thousand words. Sometimes you just need one word.

Sometimes two different people can look at a picture and each has a different word come to mind.

Sometimes, a word can cover more than one picture.

This is a mash up of words and pictures that are the essence of each other. Consider it a word/picture re-mix.















Wednesday, March 30, 2011

PATTERN

As long as habit and routine dictate the pattern of living, new dimensions of the sould will not emerge. -Henry Van Dyke


The curtains hanging in my kitchen window are way underrated.  I don't notice or appreciate them nearly enough.  The pattern that is cut into them is just darling, and it got me thinking about how repetitive life can be at times.
I spend most days the same way.  Not because I want to, but out of necessity.
For example, I have to feed my children breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
I have to do mundane household chores that I know inevitably are just going to need more doing tomorrow.
I have to go to work on days I'm scheduled.
I have to pay bills, but sometimes I'm not very good at it.
What I don't have to do is make each day consumed with only what I must do.
Every day has the potential for newness!
I can choose what I do in between all that other stuff, even if all I get is fifteen minutes a day.
But I can also make the repetitive necessary evils of adult life a little bit less, well, annoying.
I can throw caution to the wind and have Thin Mints for breakfast.
I can let Landon help me with the laundry and laugh at how he tells me my shirt is beautiful.
I can dance with Hanson in the kitchen while Landon is eating lunch.
I can get a phone call from a friend out of the blue that is positively awesome.
All of the crap that we do day in and day out because we have to is not what makes up our day.
If you put your own little spin on everything you do, well then nothing is every really boring or repetitive.
You know that saying, "Life is what you make it"?
Well, what is life if nothing more than a big collection of days and moments?
So, this moment, this day, is what you make it.
You can't control all aspects of it, but you can control how you let it affect you and your reaction to it.
You can tell yourself it's a new day and it CAN be new and exciting...even if you are doing exactly what you did yesterday. 
If each does is going to follow a pattern, you might as well make it one you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does this word mean to you?