1000 Words....The Worth of a Picture

We've all heard a picture is worth a thousand words. Sometimes you just need one word.

Sometimes two different people can look at a picture and each has a different word come to mind.

Sometimes, a word can cover more than one picture.

This is a mash up of words and pictures that are the essence of each other. Consider it a word/picture re-mix.















Saturday, March 26, 2011

FOCUS

After my dishes had been washed the other day, there were quite a few bottles standing on my counter.  I grabbed one and prepared it for Hanson, and as I did this, he never reached for any of the empty bottles.  His focus was intently on the one that had his food in it. 



I can learn from this.
There is so much going on constantly.  So much to do, so little time.  So many people to keep happy, not enough ways to do it.  You can't please everyone all day long.
When I feel overloaded, like there is too much going on in my background, I need to think like Hanson.
I need to focus only on what matters at that moment.
Sometimes, it's as simple as I need to get my kids fed, dressed, and out the door.  The household chores can wait.
Sometimes, it's I'm a little too tired and the extra hour of sleep is more important than the season final of Jersey Shore.
Sometimes, it's knowing that when you're working on a project, everyone sees it from a different angle, and while someone might not like it, there are going to be others who do.
Because what matters to each of us is different.
We all see things in our own unique way.  Any baby other than Hanson could have looked at my counter as a bottle buffet.  Or have been so overwhelmed with all the choices that they didn't know what to do.
I guess what's important is that my focus is where I want it to be, and not where someone else thinks it should be.  I'm going to focus on what matters, to me.  And as long as I'm doing that, I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does this word mean to you?